Error code 0x80072ee7 is an indicator of some Windows 10 update issue. Almost every Win10 user has faced it at least once. There isn’t one single reason behind it as various updates are known to bring problems from time to time.
Let’s talk more about fixing the 0x80072ee7 error that comes after Windows update. The problem can be triggered in numerous situations, but majorly it comes across when we try to install a new and major update for Windows 10 like Anniversary update, Creators update, etc.
So, it needs to be resolved at the earliest. It’s because Windows10 should be updated timely. Thus, now, let’s move on to a few solutions as mentioned below can help in dealing with the error 0x80072ee7 code in Win10.
How to fix error code 0x80072ee7 in Windows 10
1. Change the DNS server address
For majority of the users, changing the DNS server address solved the issue permanently. So, try it as mentioned in the following steps.
- Click on Start Menu, and type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Now, go to Network and Sharing Center and on the left panel, click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click on the network you are using and choose Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties.
- Choose Use The Following DNS Server Addresses.
- Enter the following:
DNS Server – 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS Server – 188.8.131.52
- Click on Save Changes and restart the computer.
If the problem persists while updating Windows10, try the following solutions as well.
2. Run SFC scan
All the versions of Windows have a build-in error checking tool named SFC Scan. It is used to deep scan the computer for possible problems and to resolve them. It comes to aid while solving Windows Update issues.
Here are the required steps to perform Windows 10 SFC Scan.
- Click Start Menu, type cmd, and right click on it.
- Select Run As Administrator.
- In the command prompt, type sfc/scannow and hit Enter
- The process should finish in a few minutes.
- Once done, close it.
SFC Scan might not work for you. However, if it solves the error code 0x80072ee7, it’s well and good for you. If it doesn’t solve the issue, proceed on the following solution.
3. Run the WUReset script
The WUReset is a custom made script specifically for solving the Windows 10 update related problems. With it, you can do some of the common workarounds like resetting the Windows Update process, deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder, etc.
Thus, it saves a lot of time and effort. Download the WUReset script and read about it before performing any action.
We hope that the solutions mentioned in this article helped you in resolving the error code 0x80072ee7 in Windows 10 update. If there is any further issue or query, let’s know in comments.
For more, stay tuned to WindowsErrorFix site.