Here’s how to fix Realtek High Definition Audio Driver issue, i.e., no sound in Windows 10 which comes after upgrading the OS version. It could also be a driver problem. If it’s the case, then it means that either the sound driver is missing or out of date (that will make it incompatible with Win 10.
Read more to get the quick solution to the Windows 10 sound problem with Realtek HD audio driver. Probably, it’s the time to update the drivers. Follow the mentioned steps to get to know how you can fix it.
Fix Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: Windows 10 No Sound
STEP 1 – Confirm if it’s a driver problem
First of all, we need to confirm if the PC sound problem is caused by driver issue. To do it, check the driver status in Device Manager.
- Press Windows logo key + R at once. It will open Run command prompt box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter. It will open a Windows10 Device Manager window.
- Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers. Look for Realtek HD Audio. If you find any yellow mark (an exclamation or a question mark) next to the device name, it suggest that there is some problem with the driver. It needs to be updated.
Related: How To Disable Avast.
STEP 2 – Update Audio Drivers
Here are two ways to update your audio drivers.
- Manually: For it, you need to have some skills and patience to find exactly the right driver online, download it, and then finally install it step by step.
- Automatically (recommended): Follow it as it’s the quickest and easiest method to do the job. It’s easy even for a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and Install the Driver manually
The realtek drivers for Windows 10 came out before its release. To download them, you will be required to go the Realtek website. Then, find the required drivers, 32-bit or 64-bit. And then, download them.
After downloading the file, open it by double clicking it or hitting the Enter after selecting it. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver the right way.
Option 2 – Automatically Update Realtek Audio Drivers
You can do it with a software known as Driver Easy. What it will do is that it will automatically recognize the system which you are using. Then, it will find the compatible drivers for it. So, it elimiates the risk of downloading and installing the wrong ones.
Stay tuned to Windows Error Fix for solutions to more problems.