Tired of keying in your password every time you switch on your PC? Wanna auto login windows 10 and get rid of this cumbersome task once and for all and ditch out some extra seconds to make it faster? The best solution is to login automatically to the desktop or laptop! So to do so, we have got three ways and we are gonna break them down one by one… So let’s get going!
How To Automatically Login In Windows 10
Warning : It is never recommended that you keep your PC without any level of protection at all. You may do so only if you are the only one using the computer and that too at your own risk!
The following methods are applicable for both local user account and Microsoft account.
Method 1 of 3
Automatically logon without password
The best one and the easiest one is surely this one! No doubt about that!
- Step 1 of 4: Fire up Run command box by pressing simultaneously Windows logo and R keys (Windows+R). In the Run dialog box, type Netplwiz followed by Enter key.
- Step 2 of 4: You will be presented with user account dialog box where you have to select your user account first and then uncheck the option saying Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply button to see Automatically sign in box.
- Step 3 of 4: In the next dialog box appearing, put in your password and then re-enter the password to authenticate your identity!
- Step 4 of 4: At last, you have to click OK button.
You are good to go. From next time, you will be directly taken to your start screen!
Method 2 of 3
Turn on automatic sign-in using Registry
And, if you are not able to follow the above method, no problimo! We have got your back with this one coming up!
- Step 1 of 5: You have to open Registry Editor for this metohd. To do so, put in Regedit in the Start menu search box or Run command box and then press Enter key. Say Yes button when the usual UAC (User Account Control) box makes its appearance! Shown below.
- Step 2 of 5: In the Registry Editor, go to the following key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- Step 3 of 5: On the right-side, double click on DefaultUserName and make sure that your local user account or your Microsoft account is present under Value data field.
- Step 4 of 5: Again, on the right side, if DefaultPassword is not present, then create it by right-clicking on the empty space, then click on New, and finally String Value. Rename it to DefaultPassword and enter your chosen password in the Value data box. Click on OK button.
- Step 5 of 5: And now for the last step, you have to enable automatic logon. To do so, on the right-side (once again), look for the entry marked AutoAdminLogon and then change its value from 0 (zero) to 1 (one).
Restart your system to see your Windows 10 automatically logging into your account without asking you to enter the password. Good luck!
Method 3 of 3
Use Autologon to automatically login in Windows 10
You can use a free software available to automate the login process in window 10. It is known as Autologon and made by Microsoft. It enables skipping of the lock and login screen in Windows10.
Hope you got to know how to automatically login in windows 10. Keep yourself here for Windows related solutions.